Saturday, March 10, 2007

Journal #11

Journal #11-chapter 11 ' Think of your breed; for brutish ignorance Your mettle was not made; you were made men, To follow after knowledge and excellence.' As if I also was hearing it for the first time: like the blast of a trumpet, like the voice of God. For a moment I forget who I am and where I am I'm not 100% sure what the quote means, but I think I have an understanding of it. I think the quote above is showing the significance or showing Levi not to be shameful for who he is. Levi and many other Jews may have been upset or felt shameful of being a Jew. They may have wished that they were never born in a Jewish family. However, I think this quote is trying to explain that where you come from or which family you are from does not matter. For this case, it does not matter if you are a Jew or if you are born in a Jewish breed. All men are born equal and loved as others. As Levi and many other are men, they should not give up, but stand strong as a man with knowledge and excellence. To the Germans, they may look different, but in reality they are all men. Appearance or who you are does not separate from who you are. So even if you are Jewish, does not mean that you are not a man with knowledge or excellence. Even as a Jew, you are a man with knowledge and excellence. This may have touched many Jews for doubting and feeling shameful for being Jewish. However, by hearing this quote may have gave self confidence and made many Jews realize that they are still men. They may be men without hope or men who are separated from the real world, but still they are equal men as the others with knowledge and excellence. This quote was touching to me. I would feel hope if I listened to this quote. Basically, I think this quote or chapter is trying to show that everyone is equal even though they don't feel like it. They may come from different background, religion, or breed, but overall, we are all equal humans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dispenses utilize a wonderful website decent Gives many thanks for the hard work to help out people